Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm beginning to think I'll vote Republican for Prez...

... if only because I think it cruel to saddle a Democrat with W's mess.

The latest:
Bush Ally Defeated in Australia Election

Our position in the international community continues to deteriorate. I note that Poland has also announced that all its troops will be withdrawn from Iraq in 2008.

Yes, I want a Democrat to win the Presidency in 2008... but I'm not sure I have the heart to deliver W's mess to anyone for whom I have even an inkling of compassion!

The Republicans will almost certainly frame the Iraq debacle, the recession, and everything else that W has touched, as the fault of the incoming Democratic administration - and the media will eat it up with a spoon!

Recall: W assumed the mantle in peacetime, with the first budget surplus in more than a decade. I'm betting there's an appropriate Greek analog for the anti-Midas touch, but I don't know what it is... whatever the name is, W has it!

AND - and this is the point that needs to be stressed, repeated, emphasized - his Congressional enablers are just as much to blame.

Stop the madness!

No comments: