Sunday, August 10, 2008

meanwhile, over there...

US military blames al-Qaida in Iraq for bombing

I thought we'd wiped out AQI... or at least made 'em impotent.

Guess I was wrong (not a first...).

Stop the madness!

p.s. The story on the AQI bombing also has a fun lead paragraph:
BAGHDAD - The U.S. military blamed al-Qaida in Iraq Saturday for a suicide car bombing in the northern Iraqi town of Tal Afar, while an Iraqi official said the death toll in the attack had risen to 25.
What's fun about 25 deaths? Well, nothing...

BUT: note where the bombing occured - Tal Afar. Ring a bell?
"... today I'd like to share a concrete example of progress in Iraq that most Americans do not see every day in their newspapers and on their television screens. I'm going to tell you the story of a northern Iraqi city called Tal Afar, which was once a key base of operations for al Qaeda and is today a free city that gives reason for hope for a free Iraq."
[President Discusses War on Terror and Operation Iraqi Freedom, 20 March 2006]
Yeah - I was SURE we'd driven AQI out of Taf Afar!

1 comment:

One Fly said...

Do you know if big media made this connection? I bet not but I just think that way. I'm stealing this Russ thank you. tb