Monday, October 6, 2008

T (for "terror") minus 25 and counting...

I've several times predicted an "October surprise", in the form of a "terrorist" attack on U.S. soil in October... orchestrated by Cheney, but plausibly attributed to Hezbollah.

A while back I set the date: 31 October (Halloween).

Well - unlike other prognosticators, I'm willing to check my forecasts against reality, and invite my faithful readers to join me in my "countdown to terror."

note: the story-line was first developed in Nov, 2007. Outline:
W and his minions have done everything possible to expand Presidential Power.

They're not idiots: they've no intention of bequeathing expanded Executive Power to Democratic successors.

To keep - and further expand - expanded Executive Power, they'll orchestrate "terror" attack, adjourn Congress (there's a dubious Constitutional provision to support this), and cancel elections till the "national emergency" has passed.
Today is 6 October. 25 days to go!

(Yes, I am delusional.)

1 comment:

P M Prescott said...

I think they'll let the election play itself out. The time for the Coup d'tat will be in December or early January if McCain loses. That's when Bushco will either stage an attack then call a special session of congress to give away all powers (Hitler burning the Reichstag) or start bombing Iran, or both.