Thursday, February 21, 2008

The gloves come off... NOT!

Two very brief excerpts from transcript of Dem debate:
OBAMA: Now, I think that Senator Clinton has a fine record and I don't want to denigrate that record.
Okay - one sentence does not a debate make... but perusing the rest of the transcript reveals no ugliness.

Then we have,
CLINTON: ... And, you know, no matter what happens in this contest -- and I am honored, I am honored to be here with Barack Obama. I am absolutely honored.

Whatever happens, we're going to be fine. You know, we have strong support from our families and our friends. I just hope that we'll be able to say the same thing about the American people, and that's what this election should be about.
... and again, no rancor or ugliness is revealed in anything that preceded this.

Whichever of these two wins the Democratic nomination, we all ought be happy & proud: two outstanding, honorable candidates, both willing to provocatively challenge the Republican's inanity.

This'll be a really fun campaign!

No comments: