Friday, February 1, 2008

I wasn't one of 'em...

CNN Dem Debate Most Watched in Cable History
Breaking: Last night's Democratic debate on CNN drew 8,324,000 million total viewers, making it the most-watched primary debate in cable news history, and the second-most watched on TV this election cycle (ABC's Democratic debate on Jan. 5 drew 9,360,000)

I didn't watch the 5 Jan Dem debate on ABC, either.

I've explained my debate non-attendance before. For newcomers, here goes again: I really want to vote for Democrat next November. The less I know the candidates, the better my chances. [Note: I will NOT vote Republican... but have found myself pulling lever for convenient third-party in the past - I don't want to do that this time!]

... and, speaking of the Republicans, remind all your friends:
McCain Reconnects With Liberty University
Senator May Have an Eye Toward 2008 as He Reaches Out to Religious Conservatives
By Dan Balz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, May 14, 2006
LYNCHBURG, Va., May 13 -- Six years after labeling the Rev. Jerry Falwell one of the political "agents of intolerance," Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) delivered the commencement address Saturday at Falwell's Liberty University, and vigorously defended his support for the war in Iraq while saying that opponents have a moral duty to challenge the wisdom of a conflict that has exacted a huge toll on the nation.
... and let's not forget the Mittster:
Romney Reaches to the Christian Right
In a Conservative Crowd, Candidate Talks About Marriage, Child-Rearing
By Perry Bacon Jr.
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, May 6, 2007
VIRGINIA BEACH, May 5 -- Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney (R) did not discuss his Mormon faith as he continued his outreach Saturday to conservative Christians in a graduation speech at Regent University, the school founded by televangelist Pat Robertson.
It's really not that hard to vote against either of these guys!

Stop the madness!

No comments: